Friday 9 December 2022

Production Journey

I worked on my CITV ident by myself. This time around it was fairly easier for me to complete my pre-production, production, and postproduction work. As I am doing this type of work once more with more experience and knowledge. 

At home in the holidays, I went through my shooting script. I hand drew, coloured and cut out all of the pieces that I would need for my ident. I then cleared out my room so I would have more space to work with. I also moved any wires that would get in my way of filming. And I put away anything that could be considered as a hazard or a threat. e.g., drinks, lamps, chair. I then started filming my ident. To make it looks like an animation, I moved my cut out little bit at a time and took a picture. This took some time, but it was a simple concept in theory, so I was alright with that for the most part. However, I did struggle with a few aspects still. One of them being is with trying to keep the lighting the same. Since, some of the pictures I would take would be brighter or dimmer than others. Which then ended up making it look inconsistent. Another thing I struggled with is not moving the camera so much when taking the picture manually. Moving the camera makes it seem more coherent. Nonetheless, I think that after retaking some of the pictures it all worked out in the end, and I had a phenomenal piece of work. And at times the camera work and lighting look's intentional because it is arty. 

I then moved onto to editing. I needed to make a rough draft of my pictures. But it was too long as one picture was 10 mins long. So, I had to shorten it down a bit. Then uploaded the rough draft video on to YouTube. I then 1 week where I was not working on my ident, because I was helping my friend with hers. After all that was done, I started on my rushes log. Which took the longest to do and was the most tedious aspect of this project. I had to write the same thing over and over for a lot of the images and since there were so many pictures with little bit of movement it got tiring. So, I decided to take a break from that, and instead start working on my first draft. And then after I had finished with that and uploaded to that to YouTube as well. I went back to doing my rushed log. Which helped a lot as I was more focused this way. And also, it helped me to know what pictures I will keep and what ones I will discard. However, I did not get to finish my rushes log at school. So, I started to work on it in skl as I had access to the SD card I had used. 

I then started to work on editing my first ident. I used the first draft and continued from that. Then I started looking for sound effects. But it was a bit more difficult to look for copyright free sound effects that actually sound good. So, I worked with what I had. I added in the music and diegetic sounds such as a paper being crumpled. I then added a bit of effects and transitions and that my first ident was done. 


After that I had to gather audience feedback. I showed the video to my friends and got their responses on what they liked, and if it is clear enough to understand for them on what's happening in the ident. And how they would do things differently if they were to remake the ident etc.  





  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final CITV Ident